About Joe Y.B. Lee, MD
Dr. Lee is comprehensively trained in the surgical and non-operative treatments of spine, back, and neck disorders in both adults and children. He has worked with world renowned spine surgeons Howard An, Frank Phillips, Christopher DeWald, and many others. His special interests include minimally invasive techniques, microsurgery, and motion-preserving procedures. Having trained at Rush University Medical Center and Shriners Hospital for Children in Chicago, Dr. Lee is also interested in complex deformities of the spine.
Extensive research in clinical and basic sciences helps to keep Dr. Lees practice on the forefront of spine development and technology. His work has led to multiple publications and has been presented at several national meetings. He has a true passion for medicine and is dedicated to applying all aspects of his background and training to healing his patients.
Dr. Lee grew up in San Gabriel and is proud to be serving his local community. He lives in the area with his wife and son, and enjoys all of the outdoor activities that are available.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery,
- University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California B.S., Bioengineering 1998-2002
- University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco MD 2006
- University of California, Irvine, Orange, California Surgery 2006
- University of California, Irvine, Orange, California Orthopaedic Surgery 2006-11
- Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois Spine, Back, & Neck Surgery 2011
- Shriners Hospital for Children, Chicago, Illinois Pediatric Deformity 2011-12
- Arcadia Methodist Hospital | Arcadia, California
- Huntington Memorial Hospital | Pasadena, California
- Congress Medical Surgical Center | Pasadena, California
Society membershipsSpecialty Society Memberships
- North American Spine Society